Guten Tag Du bist nicht angemeldet.

Achtung! Unsere Forensoftware ist NICHT für die Nutzung mit dem Smartphone ausgelegt!
Seit den letzten Updates der aktuellen Smartphones, ist die Nutzung des Forums mit dem Smartphone nur noch eingeschränkt möglich!
Wir bitten hierfür um Entschuldigung und empfehlen DRINGEND die Nutzung eines Desktop-Computers oder eines Laptops!
Nutzt KEINE "Emojis" aus den Smartphones, da dies einen SQL-Fehler auslöst bei euch!

Kalfster

5cent Spieler

• »Kalfster« ist männlich
  • »Kalfster« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Herkunft: other Europe

• Private Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 6. November 2018, 18:19

Lowe take 7 and its battery

I am new in the world of German gambling machines and i like them so much that i bought a Lowen take 7 a year ago. I have a a question about the battery and was hoping someone
could answer it. Forgive me for not speaking German (which makes it harder to search for info on this subject).

As i understand it (please correct me if I'm wrong), these machines have a battery in them and if that battery runs empty the program for the machine is wiped/gone making the machine unusable.

I also think i understand from reading this forum that some people can replace that "hard to replace" battery. Since the machine is roughly from 2009 and expected battery

life is roughly 10 years, is it better to have it replaced now, before it runs out, or does that not matter much and can i just as well wait till it run out first and then have it replaced

(in other words, the costs would be the same ?). Thanks if anyone knows, cheers.

DerKito

Risikospieler

• »DerKito« ist männlich

Herkunft: Hessen

Mittwoch, 7. November 2018, 11:36

Hi there and welcome!

If you're referring to the Loewen Take 7 which has a "Steuereinheit STE25.3" in there then you're right about the issue these machines have with a drained battery and no function besides showing an error-message.

What should be done here before the battery is drained is a backup of the contents of the NVRAM. That requires desoldering of a DIP28 chip also referred to as "Timekeeper". After the data has been backed up, a new battery can be attached and the contents of the backup then flashed back into the chip. The latter also requires an EEPROM-programmer. The NVRAM-chip is located inside the square box. It's plugged in on top of the board - it can be lifted off from the board much like a game cartridge in old videogame consoles.

Depending on in which country you live (and if the shipping costs are not too high plus the shipping is secure/safe) I can offer you to perform this for you. You'd also receive the backed up NVRAM-image for your machine. So if the battery ever drains again, all that needs to be done is flasing back the backup after attaching a new battery.

Just contact me using the private message function, if you're interested, for address exchange and all. :)

Kind regards
René

Kalfster

5cent Spieler

• »Kalfster« ist männlich
  • »Kalfster« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Herkunft: other Europe

Donnerstag, 8. November 2018, 01:03

thanks a lot ! i will PM you

Verwendete Tags

battery replacing